Viagra, Cialis, Staxyn, Stendra, and Levitra possess a similar mechanism how to create an erection. The differences between these medicines is only how long the medicine works and how quickly it begins to work. The effect of Levitra lasts a little bit longer than that of Viagra. They both begin to be effective in around 30 minutes after taking. Taking Levitra you will have the effect for approximately 5 hours. The effect of Viagra is about 4 hours. Cialis begins to take effect a bit quicker (within 15 minutes), and the medicine takes effect much longer – up to 36 hours in several cases. Stendra usually begins working just in 15 minutes and lasts up to 6 hours. Staxyn is produced in form of an orally disintegrating tablet and concludes the identic active ingredient as Levitra, but these medicines are not interchangeable.
The doctor may diagnose osteoarthritis starting form your symptoms and a physical examination. An x-ray investigation may report the narrowing and form changes of your joints. But x-rays do not indicate how much trouble you will suffer. An x-ray report shows only the joint damage it does not mean you will feel much pain or will have problems. On the other side the joints may bring much pain despite x-rays being normal. The doctor may apply to blood tests to determinate other types of osteoarthritis. Joint problems may cause not only pain, but enlargement, heat and give you a feeling of stiffness.
Depending on what joints suffer from osteoarthritis the normal activities and lifestyle may change. However the prognosis for most patients with osteoarthritis is very optimistic. For many people this disease stops on the mild form that will not cause many health problems. Such forms of osteoarthritis as of the hip and knees may be more severe. However in serious cases (disability for example) the surgery will help to replace the damaged joints, this way is often very effective nowadays and works perfectly.
Celebrex and aspirin both belong to the class of medications which are used to stop pain, fever and inflammation in the body. Some patients use low doses of aspirin for heart-related conditions with antithrombotic effect. Celebrex can be used with aspirin in low doses as the medications do not interfere with each other.
Patients who use low doses of aspirin for heart and require the treatment for acute pain or relieving the signs of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis can use Celebrex. Still they should remember that their risk for cardiovascular problem related to NSAID treatment does not disappear with aspirin intake. Such patients should be careful about their health condition because they have an increased risk for stomach bleeding and ulcers.
Ask your doctor about concomitant use of Celebrex with low-dose aspirin.
Majority of patients osteoarthritis have symptoms which come on slowly. For many patients, the first signs are joints that ache after exercise or physical work. As this problem progresses, other most common symptoms osteoarthritis include:
- Stiffness after sitting or sleeping (periods of inactivity)
- Tenderness in 1 or more joints or swelling;
- Pain in a joint
- Sound of bone rubbing on bone or crunching feeling (called crepitus) when the joint is used
- Inflammation or flare-ups of pain and after use of the affected joint
If you have such symptoms call your specialist, because this signs are osteoarthritis.
Medical experts consider that the lowest effective dose of Celebrex taken for the shortest period of time (taking into account the individual state of a patient and the character of his/her disease) should be used.
Celebrex for Osteoarthritis: 200 mg a day administered as a single or divided doses (100 mg twice) daily.
Celebrex for Rheumatoid Arthritis: 100 to 200 mg two times daily.
Celebrex gives most successful results in the treatment of signs and symptoms of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis in children older than 2 years of age. The dose depends on the weight of a patient. Patients with weight more or equal to 10 kg and up to 25 kg take 50 mg twice daily. Patients with weight more than 25 kg take 100 mg twice daily.
For the treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis Celebrex is used in the daily dose of 200 mg. The dose can be consumed as a single dose or divided doses. The dose change may be necessary if no effect is noted after 6 weeks of treatment. The dose may be increased to 400 mg daily.
Celebrex for Acute Pain and treatment of Primary Dysmenorrhea: 400 mg to manage pain. Then 200 mg dose is taken twice a day as needed.
Celebrex like other prescription NSAIDs (ibuprofen, naproxen, and meloxicam) have cardiovascular admonition. NSAID medications may enlarge the risks of heart attack or stroke that can be fatal. The patients who have already had heart problems or have heart disease should be cautious while taking Celebrex. Other risks for cardiovascular side effect of NSAIDs include hypertension, serious kidney or liver problems and prolonged usage of NSAIDs.
Your doctor should know if you have:
ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestines;
hypertension or heart failure;
renal or hepatic impairment.
Before taking Celebrex consult your doctor. Only a doctor can determine if this medication is right for you. Beside your doctor will adjust the correct dose and if necessary recommend certain tests.
Remember that Celebrex is not allowed to be used before or shortly after heart bypass surgery. Inform your doctor if you are going to have any heart surgery.
Never use Celebrex if you know that you are allergic to celecoxib.
Inform your doctor if you have any of these medical health conditions:
- a history of heart attack, stroke, or blood clot;
- heart disease, congestive heart failure;
- stomach ulcers or bleeding;
- liver impairment;
- kidney disease;
- bleeding or blood clotting disorder and others.
Celebrex may cause serious effects on the stomach such as bleeding or perforation, so it is absolutely important to inform your doctor if you have ever experienced stomach ulcers or bleeding problems.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant. Celebrex effects may harm the unborn baby. Celecoxib is not to be used by breast-feeding women. The medication passes into breast milk and may affect a nursing baby.
Use this medication only with your doctor’s prescription. Do not give it to others even if they have the same condition as you.
Before using any NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) including Celebrex, it is absolutely necessary to visit a doctor to be sure that this medication will not do you any harm.
Celebrex is contraindicated in patients:
- with known hypersensitivity and allergic reactions to any component of the drug;
- with known hypersensitivity to aspirin and other NSAIDs;
- who have hypersensitive reactions to sulfonamides;
- who suffer from asthma, urticaria, or allergies (anaphylactoid reactions) after aspirin or other NSAIDs intake;
- before heart surgeries;
- who have serious skin reactions, or stomach and intestine problems such as bleeding and ulcers;
- who take aspirin;
- in geriatric patients who have increased risk for stomach bleeding and ulcers;
- In women in late stages of pregnancy.
· Osteoarthritis (OA): Celebrex reduces the signs and symptoms of OA;
· Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): Celebrex reduces the signs and symptoms of RA; Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA): Celebrex reduces the signs and symptoms of JRA in patients 2 years and older;
· Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS): Celebrex is used to reduce the signs and symptoms of AS;
· Acute Pain (AP): Celebrex improves acute pain in adults;
· Primary Dysmenorrhea (PD): Celebrex treats PD
Celebrex is licensed to treat osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, acute pain and menstrual pains in adult patients. Besides, the medication is widely used to treat ankylosing spondylitis, to decrease the colon and rectal polyps.
The beneficial features of Celebrex treatment include:
- Pain relief during 24 hour period with one 200mg capsule;
- The possibility to take the medication with food to reduce stomach upset. (Celebrex may be used without regard to food intake);
- Safe and effective treatment for many conditions. Celebrex does not produce such unpleasant side effects as stomach upset, abdominal pain, nausea as other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications;
- Clinical studies of Celebrex demonstrated high efficacy of the drug in the treatment of osteoarthritis. Celebrex is able to improve physical function and reduce pain in patients;
- For patients with rheumatoid arthritis Celebrex helps decrease joint tenderness/pain and joint swelling;
- For the treatment of acute pain a single dose of the drug relieves pain in patients within 60 minutes.